TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
- A facility rental fee is required for use of the Clark Kerr Conference Center (buildings 12 and 14) and dining rooms (building 10) for a specified time period. This fee is in addition to any food, beverage or service charges incurred.
- Should an event run past the agreed upon duration, overtime charges may apply. The client is responsible for payment of all overtime charges.
- Facility rental rates include the following services: pre-arranged room setup, breakdown, trash disposal, wireless internet connection, and complementary water station.
- Room setup changes made after event confirmation may incur an additional charge.
- Function rooms are assigned according to the estimated number of people anticipated at the time of initial inquiry. Cal Catering reserves the right to change a designated room if the guest count increases or decreases.
- A tentative booking for space and service will be held for 14 days after issue of this contract. It is only after receipt by Cal Catering of this signed contract and payment of the deposit is the booking considered as definite and confirmed.
- After 14 days, should Cal Catering not receive the signed contract and deposit, the booking shall be released automatically without notice, unless other arrangements have been made at the time of initial inquiry.
Event Detail Form
- A 50% deposit based on the estimated facility rental fee at the time of initial inquiry is required to reserve an event date.
- The balance of the bill is due 3 days prior to the event date or on the date of the event. Other miscellaneous and incidental charges directly related to the event are due within 14 days of sending the final invoice.
BEO (Banquet Event Order) and Confirmation
- An “Event Detail Form” is provided along with the contract.
- Client is responsible for submitting the “Event Detail Form” to Catering/Events Sales Office at least 1 month prior to the event.
- Cal Catering will issue a ”BEO (Banquet Event Order)” detailing the agreed upon requirements of the event at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Email or fax confirmation is required as acknowledgment and final confirmation of the event.
- Any changes made after the final confirmation may incur additional charges.
- If Cal Catering does not receive a confirmation, the last agreed upon arrangements will be used.
- Cancellation fees cannot be applied to future events.
- Cancellations made between 8 to 14 days of the scheduled event will be charged 75% of the estimated cost, which includes facility rental, catering services, and other arrangements that have been made at that time.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of the scheduled event will be charged in full.
Food and Beverages
- Removal of food and beverages (other than box lunches) is not allowed due to public health and safety guidelines set forth by the office of Environment, Health & Safety.
- A service fee will be applied for food and beverages not provided by Cal Catering.
Linen and China
- Servers are included (at no charge) in break services and buffet meals.
- For served meals and receptions, servers can be arranged for $35.00 per server per hour, with a 4-hour minimum.
- Alcohol beverage servers can be arranged for $45.00 per server per hour, with a 2-hour minimum.
- Significant delay (more than 30 minutes) in service of meals may result in additional fees.
- Hourly rates are subject to change per union requirements.
- All breakfast and lunch buffets include quality disposable, compostable service-ware and utensils. All dinner and receptions include china service.
- Upgrade to china service is available for $4.00 per person.
- Standard (sandalwood) linen is provided for all food and beverage service tables, as well as guest tables; except for the Great Hall.
- Upgrades to specialty linen, furniture and decorations are available for additional fees.
- Menus must be submitted to Catering/Events Sales Office a minimum of 1 month prior to an event to guarantee item selections; please see “Event Detail Form.”
- Late submissions and/or changes made after confirmation may incur additional fees.
- A final, guaranteed guest count is required 7 business days prior to the event date.
- Cal Catering prepares food and provides seating (up to room capacity) for 5% over the guarantee.
- The client is financially responsible for 100% of the final guarantee number of the actual number of guests served, whichever is greater.
- If a guarantee number is not provided by the due date, the last estimated number will be used as the guarantee.
- Changes made after the guarantee date will be assessed a late fee.
- An Alcohol Beverage Server is mandatory for any functions serving alcohol. This can be arranged at $45.00/hour, with a 2 hour minimum.
- Alcoholic beverage station setup fee is $2.50 per person, and includes beverage station, wine and water glasses, corkscrew, ice and cocktail napkins.
- The client must purchase alcoholic beverages and arrange for deliver to Cal Catering (2601 Warring Street, Berkeley, CA 94720) at least 24 hours prior to the start of the event.
- A “Service of Alcoholic Beverages” form (provided by Catering/Events Sales Office) must be signed and completed prior to the function.
- Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed in the location designated for the event.
- Cash bars or exchange of tickets for alcohol are not permitted, except when provided by a licensed bartender, which can be arranged for a fee.
- When alcoholic beverages are served, a non-alcoholic beverage must also be served.
- The client is responsible for the conduct al all guests; no one under the age of 21 may be served alcoholic beverages.
- Cal Catering will accept and store alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to an event. Storage for more than 24 hours may be available for an additional fee.
- Any alcohol not consumed will be returned to the client at the conclusion of the event or stored for no more than 24 hours after the event.
- All listed prices are subject to change without notice.
- Administrative fees, sales and unrelated business income tax will be charged when applicable.
- Administrative fees will apply to any services that are not directly catering-related, such as parking, AV equipment, floral arrangements, etc. Sales tax applies to all services except for linens, floral arrangements and AV equipment. Current sales tax is 9.75%, and administrative fee is 15% for AV equipment, floral arrangements, parking, specialty linens, and labor for served functions.
OTHER SERVICES AND POLICIES
- In keeping with University policies, employees may not accept gratuities.
Audio Visual Equipment
Wireless Internet Connection
- Rental of audio visual equipment and on-site support can be arranged for a fee.
- An estimate of charges is provided in the BEO, and final charges will be included in the Event Invoice.
- Requests must be submitted to Catering/Events Sales Office at least 1 month prior to the event; please see “Event Detail Form.”
- Late submissions and/or changes requested after confirmation may be arranged with an additional fee, depending on schedules and availability.
- Wireless Internet connection is available at the conference center (buildings 12 and 14) and dining rooms (building 10) at no additional charge.
- Off-campus clients should consult Catering/Events Sales Office prior to the event for user name and password.
- Parking may be available in the Southwest Parking Lot on Warring Street.
- Vehicles with a Central Campus or University Annual parking permit (C or F permits) may park on site at no additional fee.
- If 20 or less vehicles are expected for the event, client may pre-purchase parking permits from Catering/Events Sales Office for $12.00 per vehicle per day. Client is responsible for distributing permits to guests.
- If more than 20 vehicles are expected, parking options include:
Parking requests and arrangements must be submitted to the Catering/Events Sales Office at least 1 month prior to the event date; please see “Event Detail Form.”
Late submissions and/or changes requested after confirmation may be arranged with an additional fee, depending on schedules and availability.
- Hire a Parking Cashier to sell parking permits at $10.00 per vehicle per day. Fee for Cashier is $25.00 per hour, with a three hour minimum. Guests will pay the cashier for their own parking permits.
- Hire a Parking Attendant to distribute pre-paid permits at $10.00 per vehicle per day. Fee for Attendant is $25.00 per hour, with a four hour minimum. A guest list is required 3 days prior to the event and the fees will be added to the final bill.
- The University has a no smoking policy in all public areas.
- Smoking is prohibited in any common area (meeting rooms, hallways, restrooms, dining rooms and patios) or within 20 feet of all exterior building entrances and exits.
- Cal Catering will not be liable for any loss or damages to the clients’ or their guests’ property left in the facility prior to, during or following a function.
- The Client assumes full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at the event and for any damages incurred by Cal Catering or persons as a result of the event.
- Storage of materials may be available at the Clark Kerr Conference Center 24 hours prior to an event.
- Storage for more than 24 hours maybe available for a storage fee.
- Signage will be provided at main entrance and in front of each meeting room in the Conference Center.
- Posting of signs is only permitted on easels, which can be rented from Cal Catering.
- University departments are exempt from California State sales tax.
- California State and local taxes are added to purchases on non-University accounts.
Method of Payment
- An administrative fee will be assessed and added to the final bill for the following services: audio visual equipment, parking, rental equipment, specialty china, linens and floral arrangements, labor charges, late submissions and last minute changes.
- University departments can make payments in the form of a journal transfer; services provided are not subject to sales tax. Payment can be faxed to: 510-642-1427 or emailed to the Catering/Events Sales Office. A chart-string is needed in order to book a space, and all final charges will be billed to the chart-string provided.
- Non-University individuals and business can make payments in the form of cash or check payable to “UC Regents.” Payments should be mailed to: Cashier’s Office, 2610 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA 94720-2272.
- An “Event Invoice” will be provided with the BEO at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- The balance of the total estimated cost is due 3 days prior to the event or on the day of the event.
- Other miscellaneous and incidental charges are due within 14 days of sending of the final invoice.
- Prices are subject to change without advance written notice if market prices beyond our control should fluctuate.
Association shall defend, indemnify and hold THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA (“THE REGENTS”), its officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, or claims for injury or damages arising out of the performance of this Agreement, but only in proportion to and to the extent such liability, loss, expense, attorneys’ fees, or claims for injury or damages are caused by or result from the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of Association, its officers, agents or employees.
THE REGENTS shall defend, indemnify and hold Association, its officers, employees and agents harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, or claims for injury or damages arising out of the performance of this Agreement, but only in proportion to and to the extent such liability, loss, expense, attorneys’ fees, or claims for injury or damages are caused by or result from the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of THE REGENTS, its officers, agents or employees.