Eat Well Berkeley
Cal Catering is proud to participate in the Eat Well Berkeley program, an initiative aimed at increasing the availability of healthy food and beverage options at all food venues on campus. Items marked with a "" meet Eat Well Berkeley guidelines for healthy menu options.
These guidelines are designed to support the UC Berkeley Guide for Healthy Meetings and Events with food and beverage menu options that:
- Include more fruit and vegetables, whole grains and high fiber foods
- Use lean sources of protein
- Offer vegan and vegetarian menu options
- Prepare foods with healthy fats, no trans fats, and less added fat
- Emphasize whole and fresh ingredients, prepared with less sodium and sugar, and fewer processed and pre-packaged items
- Provide healthy portion sizes (small to moderate)
- Emphasize sustainable foods to help achieve campus sustainable food service goals
For more information, visit University Health Services, Faculty/Staff Wellness.